The Power / Interest Matrix
- Classifies stakeholders in relation to their power and the extent to which they are likely to show interest in the actions of the organisation.
- Can be used to indicate the nature of the relationship which should be adopted with each group
- Stakeholders in group A: Need only minimum effort an monitoring
- Stakeholders in group B: Should be kept informed as they may be able to influence more powerful stakeholders
- Stakeholders in group C: Are powerful, but level of interest is low. Generally expected to be passive, but may move into group D on an issue of particular interest
- Stakeholders in group D: Are both powerful and interested. Their co-operation is of key importance for new strategies