The Power / Dynamism Matrix
- Classifies stakeholders in relation to the power they hold and their aptitude for action (dynamism)
- Can be used to indicate where political effort should be made before instigating change
- Stakeholders in groups A & B: are the easiest to deal with.
- Stakeholders in group C: are important because thy are powerful. But low dynamism means their reaction is predictable and expectations can be managed.
- Stakeholders in section D: Need most management attention because they are powerful and reaction is difficult to predict. May need to ‘trial’ new strategies with them.